BioCorr Rust Preventative is a waterbased, biobased, and biodegradable rust preventative that is intended for preservation of metals in storage and during transportation. BioCorr Rust Preventative provides multi-metal protection and is an excellent
environmentally sound alternative to petroleum derived products. This ready-to-use formulation can provide protection for up to two years of indoor storage, or during shipments when combined with VpCI® packaging materials. Unlike rust preventative oils, this product leaves a dry film on the surface of the metal that is virtually undetectable. This feature helps to create a clean workplace and prevents material waste. BioCorr Rust Preventative is VOC free and the formulation is biodegradable, eliminating expensive disposal costs associated with oils.
- Provides excellent multimetal corrosion protection
- Combines film-forming additives with Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCIs)
- Displaces water and oil from metal surfaces
- Environmentally friendly and biodegradable
- Replaces hazardous mineral oils and flammable solvents
- VOC free
- Contains no chlorinated compounds, chromates or nitrites
- Ready-to-use product
- Contains biostatic material
- Biobased, formulated with renewable raw materials
APPLICATION: BioCorr is a ready-to-use product and can be applied by dipping or spraying. A Graco sprayer, or even battery type sprayers can be used. If sprayed, it's best when atomized to a fine spray.
- Biodegradable preservative for machines and equipment
- Temporary coating for storage and shipment
- Protection of pipes, flanges, gears
- Cast iron, sheets, and coils
Appearance: Milky white liquid
pH: 8.4 - 9.1 (Neat)
Density: 8.3 - 8.4 lb./gal. (1.00 - 1.01 kg/l)
PACKAGING AND STORAGE:
Available in 5 gallon pails (Cortec Product Code 12002968, formerly 15902968) or 55 gallon drums (Cortec Product Code 15902967). 5 gallon pail weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product. This product should be stored sealed in a warehouse to avoid freezing. Agitate before each use. The shelf life of BioCorr Rust Preventative is up to 24 months.