BioCorr Rust Preventative is a waterbased, biobased, and biodegradable rust preventative that is intended for preservation of metals in storage and during transportation. BioCorr Rust Preventative provides multi-metal protection and is an excellent
environmentally sound alternative to petroleum derived products. This ready-to-use formulation can provide protection for up to two years of indoor storage, or during shipments when combined with VpCI® packaging materials. Unlike rust preventative oils, this product leaves a dry film on the surface of the metal that is virtually undetectable. This feature helps to create a clean workplace and prevents material waste. BioCorr Rust Preventative is VOC free and the formulation is biodegradable, eliminating expensive disposal costs associated with oils.
- Provides excellent multimetal corrosion protection
- Combines film-forming additives with Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCIs)
- Displaces water and oil from metal surfaces
- Environmentally friendly and biodegradable
- Replaces hazardous mineral oils and flammable solvents
- VOC free
- Contains no chlorinated compounds, chromates or nitrites
- Ready-to-use product
- Contains biostatic material
- Biobased, formulated with renewable raw materials
APPLICATION: BioCorr is a ready-to-use product and can be applied by dipping or spraying. A Graco sprayer, or even battery type sprayers can be used. If sprayed, it's best when atomized to a fine spray.
- Biodegradable preservative for machines and equipment
- Temporary coating for storage and shipment
- Protection of pipes, flanges, gears
- Cast iron, sheets, and coils
Appearance: Milky white liquid
pH: 8.4 - 9.1 (Neat)
Density: 8.3 - 8.4 lb./gal. (1.00 - 1.01 kg/l)
PACKAGING AND STORAGE:
Available in 5 gallon pails (Cortec Product Code 12002968, formerly 15902968) or 55 gallon drums (Cortec Product Code 15902967). 5 gallon pail weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product. This product should be stored sealed in a warehouse to avoid freezing. Agitate before each use. The shelf life of BioCorr Rust Preventative is up to 24 months.
AVAILABLE IN SPRAY CAN
BioCorr is also available as ECOAir BioCorrCorrosion Preventative in a 12oz spray can.