Designed for use in a sheltered environment, Cortec's ElectriCorr VpCI-248's continuous vapor action saves money by extending product life and eliminating downtime due to corrosion. ElectriCorr VpCI-248
forms a molecular film effective against aggressive environments, including industrial, marine and tropical climates. This film does not alter the electrical, resistance or magnetic properties. ElectriCorr VpCI-248 can be safely applied for protection of even low-voltage circuits or relays without causing any changes in conductivity. It can be safely used with plastics, elastomers and other non-metallics. In addition to corrosion protection, ElectriCorr VpCI-248 is an excellent contact cleaner of oils, grime and
other contaminants. 9.45 oz. aerosol spray.
ElectriCorr VpCI-248 is an effective inhibitor of galvanic corrosion for most metals and alloys normally found in electronics applications, such as aluminum, copper, ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Application provides instant corrosion protection. ElectriCorr
VpCI-248 is thermally stable, non-flammable, and based on environmentally sensible fluorocarbon solvents, which are exempts from VOC regulations by the US EPA.
- Instant corrosion protection
- Long-term protection
- Minimized field service
- Increased corrosion protection at a lower cost than
conventional rust preventives
- CFC and 1,1,1-Trichlorethane-free
- Not listed as ODP, MAP or SARA reportable
- The carrier solvents are exempts from VOC regulations by the US EPA (October 8, 1996, September 24, 1997, Federal register)
- Vapor phase protection in vented or unvented enclosures
- May be used as a cleaning and defluxing agent
- Moisture-displacing and penetrating film
- Ideal for general and precision cleaning
- Printed circuit boards
- Electrical contacts and components
- Electric motors
- Protects copper bearings, ferrous and non-ferrous
metals, aluminum, etc.
- Can be used in contact with majority of engineering plastics, elastomers and other non-metallics
- Generators and junction boxes
- Spray for use after final assembly or in the field
Spray a very light mist over the area needing protection.
Note: Application of a heavy mist will result in a heavy
film that sags and remains wet. More is not necessarily
better and could cause fouling or other complications of
Application is effective for 6+ months with proper controls.
ElectriCorr VpCI-248 should be kept from high temperatures and in normal warehouse conditions to prevent from freezing. ElectriCorr VpCI-248 has a shelf-life of 3+ years in
Shipping Weight 1.3 lbs.
Cortec Product Code: 35661102