ElectriCorr VpCI-239 is a multifunctional outdoor cleaner/corrosion protector. Its continuous Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitor action saves money by extending product life and eliminating downtime due to corrosion. ElectriCorr VpCI-239 forms a very thin film proven effective against aggressive conditions including industrial, marine and tropical regions. This film does
not alter the electrical resistance or magnetic properties of metal substrates. ElectriCorr VpCI-239 can be safely applied for the corrosion protection of electronic circuits or relays without causing any significant changes in conductivity. ElectriCorr VpCI-239 can be safely used with most plastics, elastomers, and other non-metallics.
In addition to corrosion protection, ElectriCorr VpCI-239 is an excellent contact cleaner of oils, grime and other contaminants. 9.45 oz. aerosol spray.
ElectriCorr VpCI-239 is an effective outdoor inhibitor of galvanic corrosion for most metals and alloys normally found in electrical and electronic applications such as aluminum, copper, tin, and ferrous metals. ElectriCorr VpCI-239 is free of CFCs and 1,1,1-
Trichlorethane. Provides instant corrosion protection.
There are two main ways to use Elictricorr 239:
- Spraying ElectriCorr™ on a dirty surface to easily clean and wipe away grease, grime, and other contaminants.
- Spraying a thin film of ElectriCorr™ on a clean metal surface and leaving it to dry for ongoing corrosion protection.
- Excellent outdoor protection
- Can be applied indoors
- Fast-drying, nonsticky corrosion inhibiting film
- Instant corrosion protection
- Long-term protection
- Minimized field service
- Increased corrosion protection at a lower cost than
conventional rust preventives
- CFC and 1,1,1-Trichlorethane free
- Vapor phase protection in vented or unvented
- May be used as a cleaning agent
- Moisture-displacing and penetrating film characteristics
- Designed especially for protected outdoor electrical
- Outdoor equivalent of VpCI-238
- UV dye additive can be seen once the carrier has
- Protects high or low voltage and high or low current
electrical and electronic devices such as relays,
connectors, sensors, wiring, etc.
- Printed circuit boards
- Electrical contacts and components
- Electric motors
- Protects ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Can be used in contact with engineering plastics (wipe off to prevent long-term exposure),
elastomers, and other non-metallics
- Outdoor generators and junction boxes
- Spray for use after final assembly or in the field
- Outdoor and indoor electrical outlets
Specific Use Example: Battery Terminals
It is always important to wear standard PPE such as safety glasses and gloves when cleaning a battery. For the most thorough cleaning, battery terminals should be disconnected first, following best practices for safety. Basic cleaning and protection steps are as follows:
- 1. Spray ElectriCorr™ VpCI®-239 on exposed battery posts as needed to loosen corrosion products and wipe them away with a small brush or disposable cloth.
- 2. Spray a thin film of ElectriCorr™ VpCI®-239 onto the posts before reconnecting the battery terminals.
- 3. Reconnect battery terminals according to manufacturer’s safety instructions.
- 4. Clean corrosion off the outer battery terminals in the same manner as before, spraying ElectriCorr™ VpCI®– 239 as needed to loosen and help remove corrosion products.
- 5. Spray a final coat of ElectriCorr™ VpCI®-239 on the battery terminals and allow to dry for one to two hours to slow down future corrosion.
Spray a very light mist over the area needing protection. Dry time is approximately 1-2 hours at 70F and 50% relative humidity. Note: Application of a heavy mist will result in a heavy film that sags and remains wet. More is not necessarily better and could cause fouling or other complications of electrical connections.
ElectriCorr VpCI-239 should be kept from high
temperatures and in normal warehouse conditions to prevent from freezing. ElectriCorr VpCI-239 has a shelflife of 3+ years in sealed packages.
Shipping Weight 1.3 lbs.
Cortec Product Code: 35661097.