VpCI-101 devices (3" x 1.25" x .25") are designed to provide corrosion protection for metal components and parts enclosed in
non-ventilated control boxes, cabinets or tool boxes. A
VpCI-101 device protects up to 1 cubic foot (28 liters)
in volume. VpCI-101 is a small patented foam device
from which Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors are slowly
released. The VpCIs emit vapors that form a molecular
layer on metal surfaces to protect critical, complex
and expensive electronic equipment and other metal
components during operations, shipping or storage.
VpCI-101 provides long-term protection against corrosion
even in the presence of adverse conditions including salt,
moisture, airborne contaminants, H2S, SO2, NH3 and
others. 50 emitters per carton.
- Operating, packaged and stored electrical equipment
- Marine navigation and communication equipment
- Aerospace electrical controls
- Electric motors
- Switching equipment
- Fuse boxes and power boxes
- Medical equipment
- Electrical wireways and terminal boxes
- Scientific and measuring instruments
- Telecommunications equipment and remote electronic devices
- Hand-held, battery-operated devices
- Tool boxes, parts storage and other containers holding
- Economical to use
- Convenient to install
- Provides continuous protection up to 24 months during operation and/or shutdown
- Effective in polluted and humid environments
- Does not interfere with electrical, optical or mechanical
- Multimetal protection
- Quick and easy installation
- Non-toxic and safe to handle
- Compact and space-saving
- Free of nitrites, silicones and phosphates
- No spraying, wiping or dipping required
- Self-stick back
- Self-stick date label
- Accepted by Canadian Food Inspection Agency for
indirect food contact
- Meets Southern California Clean Air Act, and other
National and local regulations
- NSN #6850-01-338-1392 (U.S. Military - National Stock Number)
- Meets MIL-PRF-81705D
Method of Application:
VpCI-101 devices are extremely simple and convenient to install. The devices should be installed at the earliest possible time, preferably during manufacture or assembly. Simply select a space within any enclosure where corrosion protection would be useful. Verify the surface to which the device will be affixed is clean and free of debris. Peel off the protective peel strip from the bottom of the device and attach it to the clean surface. VpCI-101 devices
can be installed in any position. For volumes greater than 1 cubic foot (28 liters), use more than one device. If the enclosure is not totally airtight, or if the access doors are opened frequently, replace the VpCI-101 device more often than every 2 years. After periods of heavy maintenance replace the device. For additional
protection spray the enclosure very lightly with Cortec
ElectriCorr VpCI-238 or VpCI-239.
Description: Foam VpCI device with adhesive backing
Measurements: 3" long x 1.25" W x .25" H. (7.6 cm x 3.2 cm x 0.6 cm).
Packaging: 50 individually wrapped devices.
Protection: 1 cubic foot (28 Liters) per device.
Shipping Weight 1.3 lbs.
Cortec Product Code: 15000007.