Cortec VpCI-105 emitters are unique devices designed
to provide corrosion protection for metal components
and parts enclosed in non-ventilated control boxes,
cabinets, or tool boxes up to 5 cubic feet (141.6 liters).
The VpCI-105 device emits Vapor phase Corrosion
Inhibitors (VpCIs), which form a protective coating on all
metal surfaces. VpCI-105 is a patented plastic emitter
with a breathable Tyvek membrane through which the
corrosion inhibitor is released. It provides long-term
protection against corrosion even in the presence of
adverse conditions including salt, moisture, airborne
contaminants, H2S, SO2, NH3, and others. 20 emitters per carton. Each emitter measures 2.25" in diameter x .75" high.
- Packaging and storage electrical equipment
- Marine navigation and communication electronic
- Aerospace electrical controls
- Electric motors
- Switching equipment
- Fuse boxes and power boxes
- Medical equipment
- Electrical wireways and terminal boxes
- Scientific and measuring instruments
- Telecommunications equipment
- Remote electronics devices
- Hand-held battery-operated devices
- Tool-boxes, gun safes, and any other enclosure for
- Economical to use
- Provides continuous protection for up to 24 months
- Effective in polluted and humid environments
- Does not interfere with electrical, optical, or mechanical
- Multimetal protection
- Quick and easy installation
- Protects during operation and shutdown
- Non-toxic and safe to handle
- Compact, space-saving, and unobtrusive device
- Free of nitrites, hylogens, and phosphates
- No spraying, wiping, or dipping required
- Low VOC values
- Meets Southern California Clean Air Act and other
National and local regulations
- Self-stick back
- Self-stick date label
- FDA and USDA approved
- Approved for U.S. military and NATO
- NSN 6850-01-406-2060
- RoHS Compliant
Method of Application:
VpCI-105 is extremely simple and convenient to install.
The device should be installed at the earliest possible
time. Simply select a space within any enclosure where
corrosion protection would be useful. Verify the surface
the device will be affixed to is clean and free of debris.
Peel off the protective peel strip from the bottom of the
device and attach it to the clean surface. VpCI-105 emitters can be installed in any position. For volumes greater than 5 cubic feet (141.6 liters), use more than one device. If the enclosure is not totally airtight, or if the access doors are opened frequently, replace the VpCI-105 device more often than every 2 years. After
periods of heavy maintenance, replace the device. For
additional protection spray the enclosure very lightly with
ElectriCorr VpCI-238 or VpCI-239.
Description: Plastic emitter cup with breathable membrane
Measurements: 2.25" Diameter x 0.75" High ((5.7 cm D x 2 cm H)
Packaging: 20 individually wrapped devices per carton.
Protection: 5 cubic foot (141.6 Liters) per device.
Product should not be exposed to temperatures over
Shipping Weight 1.3 lbs.
Cortec Product Code: 15000092.