VpCI-111 emitters are unique devices designed to provide
corrosion protection for metal components and parts
enclosed in non-ventilated control boxes, cabinets or tool
boxes up to 11 cubic feet (312 liters). The VpCIs (Vapor
phase Corrosion Inhibitor) emit vapors, which form a
molecular layer on internal metal surfaces to protect
critical, complex and expensive electronic equipment
during operation, shipping or storage. VpCI-111 is a
small, patented plastic emitter with a breathable Tyvek
membrane through which corrosion inhibitors are slowly
released. VpCI-111 provides long term protection against
corrosion even in the presence of adverse conditions
including salt, moisture, airborne contaminants, H2S, SO2,
NH3 and others. 10 individually sealed emitters per carton. Each emitter measure 2.25" diameter by 1.25" high.
- Operating, packaged and stored electrical equipment
- Marine navigation and communication electronic
- Aerospace electrical controls
- Electric motors
- Switching equipment
- Fuse boxes and power boxes
- Medical equipment
- Electrical wireways and terminal boxes
- Scientific and measuring instruments
- Telecommunications equipment
- Remote electronics devices
- Tool-boxes, gun safes, and any other enclosure for
- Economical to use
- Provides continuous protection for up to 24 months during operation and/or shutdown
- Effective in polluted and humid environments
- Does not interfere with electrical, optical, or mechanical
- Contains desiccant properties
- Multimetal protection
- Quick and easy installation
- Non-toxic and safe to handle
- Compact, space-saving
- Free of nitrites, hylogens, and phosphates
- No spraying, wiping, or dipping required
- Low VOC values
- Meets Southern California Clean Air Act and other
National and local regulations
- Self-stick back
- Self-stick date label
- FDA and USDA approved
- Approved for U.S. military and NATO
- NSN 6850-01-408-9025
Method of Application:
VpCI-111 is extremely simple and convenient to install.
VpCI-111 emitters should be installed as early as
possible, preferably during manufacture or assembly.
Simply select a space within any enclosed device where
corrosion protection would be useful. Verify that the
surface on which the device will be installed is clean and
free of debris. Peel off the protective peel strip from the bottom of the device and attach it to the clean surface.
The peel strip can be separated to reveal a self-adhesive
sticker on which the installation and replacement dates
can be noted. VpCI-111 emitters can be installed in any
position. For volumes greater than 11 cubic feet (312 L), install
more than one VpCI-111. If the enclosure is not totally
air-tight or if the access doors are opened frequently,
replace the VpCI-111 emitter more often than every two
years. After periods of heavy maintenance, replace the
emitter. For additional protection spray the enclosure
very lightly with ElectriCorr VpCI-238.
Description: Green Cup with Tyvek Lid
Measurements: 2.25" Diameter x 1.27" High ((5.7 cm D x 3.2 cm H)
Packaging: 10 individually wrapped devices per carton.
Protection: 11 cubic feet (312 Liters) per device.
Shipping Weight 1.3 lbs.
Cortec Product Code: 15000386.