Premium corrosion inhibiting VpCI paper protects a variety of metals
The patented Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibiting technology revolutionizes the way metal is protected in an enclosed package. VpCI-146 protects both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Made from the highest quality neutral natural kraft paper without the use of chlorine or other chemical bleaching. Extremely easy to use, you simply wrap your products to be protected and fold the edges together. Use adhesive tape as needed to hold paper folds in place.The VpCI coating on the paper vaporizes, reaching all metal surfaces to provide complete corrosion protection. The unique inhibiting action of Cortec VpCI forms a very thin and very effective layer that does not alter the appearance of products or require removal before further finishing or use. Parts protected with VpCI-146 can be painted, welded and soldered. The protective layer does not influence physical properties of most sensitive electrical components, including conductivity and resistance. Fully recyclable and repulpable. VpCI-146 is environmentally safe, non-toxic, biodegradable and doesn't contain any nitrites, phosphates, or silicates. 35 lb. paper.
Cortec VpCI-146 paper can be used to protect products for storage and shipment in a wide variety of ways: for single item packaging or interleaving; end closures for shipping tubes, insert strips for recessed areas in large packages; and as sheet liners or separators between products.
Typical Applications Include:
- Metal producing: coils, wire reels, plate, bar, etc.
- Metal forging and die casting: raw and machined forgings and castings
- Metalworking: stamping, sheet metal work, springs, bearings, fasteners, tube, pipe, nails, etc.
- Finished products: engines, machinery, equipment, tools, hardware, appliances, instruments, motors, etc.
- Electrical and electronic components, controls, etc.
- Carbon Steel
- Galvanized Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Cast Iron
- Aluminum alloys
- Brass with less than 30% zinc
Available in the following sizes:
- 12" x 600' Roll - Weight 10 lbs./roll - Cortec Product Code 40600519
- 18" x 600' Roll - Weight 14 lbs./roll - Cortec Product Code 40602731
- 24" x 600' Roll - Weight 19 lbs./roll - Cortec Product Code 40603012
- 36" x 600' Roll - Weight 26 lbs./roll - Cortec Product Code 40600144
- 48" x 600' Roll - Weight 35 lbs./roll - Cortec Product Code 40600145
Quantity Discounts Available for Large Orders. Call us toll-free at 877-256-9301.