VpCI-309 SF is a silica-free version of VpCI-309. It is Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitor powder for corrosion protection of ferrous metals in recessed areas, interior cavities and voids. VpCI-309 SF provides an extremely efficient dry method to protect metals within an enclosed space. The VpCI vaporizes and adsorbs on all metal surfaces reaching all exposed areas including recessed sections and interior cavities.
- Does not contain silicates, phosphates, nitrites, or heavy metals
- Provides up to 24 months of continuous protection
- Provides monomolecular inhibiting layer
- Vapor phase inhibiting action protects inaccessible and recessed surfaces
- Protected products can be shipped to customers without removing powder
- If the VpCI layer is disturbed by moisture or opening the enclosed space, the layer is replenished by continuous vapor redeposition
- Little or no surface preparation is required
- Prevents further corrosion of pre-coated and painted surfaces
- Easy to apply
- When required powder can be removed by air gun or water rinse
- Provides protection to ferrous metals only
- Conforms to MIL I-22110C
- LD50 ORAL: 2100mg/kg of body weight
APPLICATIONS:Tubular structures, pipes, vessels, and turbines
Internal surfaces of compressors, turbines, engines, tanks, boilers, and heat exchangers
Dry lay-up of closed circuit cooling systems
Equipment protection after hydrostatic testing
Parts, components, and completed assemblies during shipping and storage
Segmental concrete bridge tendons/cables
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Apply powder by dusting, fogging, or sprinkling. After application simply cover, close or seal the interior cavity or
void. Fogging is easily achieved with a low pressure air hose and sandblast cup or by inverting a wet/dry vaccuum.
Large conventional sandblasting systems can also be used.
DOSAGE: 0.3-0.5 oz/ft3 (300-500 g/m3)
METHOD OF REMOVAL: When required, VpCI-309 SF in powder form can be removed by using a low pressure air gun or by a water
rinse. Typically, if applied in aqueous form the product does not require removal.
5 pound box - Cortec Product #13900489
50 pound drum - Cortec Product #13900490
100 pound drum - Cortec Product #13900491