VpCI-322 SC oil-based super concentrate (SC) adds corrosion protection to lubricating or hydraulic oils. VpCI-322 SC oil concentrate provides excellent protection in indoor or open air conditions. First, oil-soluble corrosion inhibitors offer a tenacious film which clings to metal surfaces, giving excellent contact corrosion protection. In addition to this film barrier, VpCI-322 SC releases vapor phase corrosion inhibitors into the air above the oil. These VpCIs attach to metal surfaces for additional corrosion protection.
- Corrosion protection to ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Does not contain hazardous barium, chromates, nitrites or phosphate inhibitors
- High flash point
- Passes through a size 5 micron filter
- Can be used in hydraulic applications
- Provides protection in presence of chlorides
- When added at a concentration level of 2.5-5% to hydraulic fluids, generally does not affect pour point and viscosity at low temperatures
- Compatible with most mineral and synthetic oils
- Suitable for intermittent use and storage conditions
Lubricating and hydraulic oil systems for intermittent operation:
Add VpCI-322 SC to oil at a ratio of 1 part VpCI-322 SC to 19 parts oil for 24 months protection.
Tanks, gearboxes, differentials - stored or shipped dry: Fog cavity interior with VpCI-322 SC concentrate using 1 pint (0.5 liter) per 35 ft³ (1.1 m³) of enclosed space.
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanized Steel
Appearance: Dark amber viscous liquid
Corrosion Resistance: Up to 24 months
Coverage: 1260-1370 ft²/gal (31-34 m²/l)
Film Thickness: 0.5-1 mil (12.5-25 microns)
Film Type: Oily, paraffinic
Flash Point: >212ºF (>100ºC)
Non-volatile Content: 90-99.5%
Removal Method: Petroleum solvents, Alkaline cleaners (VpCI-410 series)
pH: 8.1-10.0 (1% aqueous solution)
Density: 7.6-8.0 lb/gal (0.91-0.96 kg/l)
Packaging and Storage
Available in 5 gallon pails (Cortec Product # 14102223) or 55 gallon metal drums (Cortec Product # 14102224). 5 gallon drum weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product. The product should be sealed before storage. VpCI-322 SC is up to 24 months.
Quantity Discounts Available for Large Orders. Please call for more information.