VpCI-329 D is a ready-to-use vapor corrosion inhibiting oil-based rust preventive. VpCI-329 D provides excellent protection to metals in indoor and outdoor sheltered conditions. VpCI-329 D protects in two unique ways. First, oil-soluble corrosion inhibitors offer a tenacious film which clings to metal surfaces, providing excellent contact corrosion protection. In addition to this film barrier, VpCI-329 D releases vapor phase corrosion inhibitors into the air that attach electrochemically to the metal surface.
- Performs effectively even under the adverse conditions of 100% relative humidity and in the presence of such corrosive species as chlorides, hydrogen sulfide, or other sulfur compounds
- High flash and fire points
- Contains no hazardous chromates, nitrites, or phosphate inhibitors
- Provides universal corrosion protection to ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Non-toxic and thermally stable, providing long-lasting contact and vapor phase corrosion protection
- VpCI-329 D is a special version of VpCI-329 that is diluted 1:9 and is ready-to-use
Method of Application
VpCI-329 D can be sprayed, dipped, rolled, or brushed onto metal surfaces.
VpCI-329 D is great for protecting metal parts that require a light coat of oil for further processing and shipment; such as gears, spindles, coils, or any other metal part that uses oil for corrosion protection.
Appearance: Hazy to opaque yellow to tan liquid
Carrier: Light naphthenic oil
Coverage: 960-1450 ft2/gal (24-36 m2/l)
Drying Time: Remains tacky
Film Thickness (dry film): 1-1.5 mils (25-37.5 microns)
Film Type: Oily
Flash Point: 295ºF (146ºC)
Non-volatile Content: 87-97%
Removal Method: Petroleum solvents / alkaline cleaners (Cortec VPCI-410 series)
Density: 7.4-7.6 lb/gal (0.89-0.91kg/l)
Available in 5 gallon plastic pails (Cortec Product # 12000262) or 55 gallon metal drums (Cortec Product # 12000263). 5 gallon drum weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship the drum.
VpCI-329 should be stored sealed. Agitate before each use. The shelf life of VpCI-329 D is 24 months in sealed containers.
Quantity Discounts Available for Large Orders. Please call for more information.