VpCI-329 F is a USDA (US Department of Agriculture) accepted oil-based concentrate for use as an additive to lubricating and hydraulic oils or as a ready-to-use corrosion preventive fluid. VpCI-329 F protects in two unique ways. First, oil-soluble corrosion inhibitors offer a tenacious film which clings to metal surfaces, providing excellent contact corrosion protection. In addition to this film barrier, Cortec VpCIs release vapor phase corrosion inhibitors into the air that attach electrochemically to the metal surface.
- Performs effectively even under the adverse conditions of 100% relative humidity and in the presence of such corrosive species as chlorides
- High flash and fire points
- Contains no hazardous chromates, nitrites, or phosphate inhibitors
- VpCI-329 F is easily diluted with lubricating, hydraulic, and preservative oils approved for food plants
- Provides universal protection to ferrous and nonferrous metals
- Non-toxic and thermally stable, providing long-lasting contact and vapor phase corrosion protection
- VpCI-329 F is a special version of VpCI-329, which has been accepted by the USDA "for use on packaging materials in indirect contact with meat or poultry" Conforms to FDA regulation, CFR 178.3300 Corrosion inhibitors used for steel or tinplate; for indirect food contact.
Method of Application
Dilute VpCI-329 F with lubricating, hydraulic, or preservative oil. Can also be sprayed, dipped, or brushed onto surfaces.
Short-term protection (up to 6 months): 1 part VpCI-329 F to 20 parts oil.
Medium-term protection (up to 12 months): 1 part VpCI-329 F to 10 parts oil.
Long-term protection (up to 24 months): 1 part VpCI-329 F to 5 parts oil.
Appearance: Clear to slightly hazy pale yellow liquid
Carrier: White mineral oil
Coverage: 960-1450 ft2/gal (24-36 m2/l)
Drying Time: Remains tacky
Film Thickness (dry film): 1-1.5 mils (25-37.5 microns)
Film type: Oily
Flash Point >212°F (>100°C)
Non-volatile Content: 90-100%
Removal Method: Petroleum solvents/alkaline cleaners (VpCI-419)
Density: 7.1-7.3 lb/gal. (0.85-0.87 kg/l)
Packaging and Storage
Available in 5 gallon plastic pails (Cortec Product # 12000146) or 55 gallon metal drums (Cortec Product # 12000147). 5 gallon drum weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product. The product should be stored sealed. Agitate before each use. VpCI-329 F has a shelf life of 24 months in sealed drums.
Quantity Discounts Available for Large Orders. Please call for more information.