Cortec VpCI-416 is a heavy-duty water-based alkaline cleaner and degreaser offerinig unique flash corrosion protection. VpCI-416 can provide corrosion protection for up to 6 months during indoor storage. VpCI-416 is formulated to meet the requirements for cleaning and corrosion protection of parts and storage equipment. VpCI penetrates to remove greases and oil deposits from machinery, engines, vehicles, construction equipment and cranes in either industrial or marine applications.
The compounds contained in VpCI-416 function by altering hydrocarbons so that the deposits can be removed with water. VpCI-416 can be metered into power washers, steam cleaners, dip tanks and other cleaning equipment. Along with good detergent properties, VpCI-416 is hard water stable.
While most cleaning compounds available on the market today are simple blends of surfactants and detergents which limit their cleaning effectiveness, VpCI-416 offers improved cleaning plus multimetal corrosion protection action in one step, resulting in significant savings. VpCI-416 has the unique ability to remove such deposits as heavy hydrocarbons, grease, drawing and buffing compounds and machinery compounds.
- Heavy-duty chemical cleaner and degreaser with unique cleaning action for removing hydrocarbon deposits
- Multimetal corrosion inhibitors leave a temporary protective coating, affording protection for a few months at 5% minimum concentration*
- Provides exceptional resistance to pitting corrosion
- Non-toxic, non-corrosive and does not contain nonylphenolethoxylates
- Provides excellent cleaning action at low temperatures
- Mild foaming
- Effective cleaner at low concentrations (1-3%)
- Exhibits hard water tolerance
- Formulation remains stable during freeze-thaw cycle
- USDA approved
*The estimated time of protection may vary due to conditions.
- Machinery contaminated with oils
- Sheet metal coated with temporary protective oils or waxes prior to painting, pickling or machining
- Metal parts contaminated with stamping, drawing or buffing compounds
- Use as an effective additive for rinse tanks to improve protection for dry storage application (5-10% by weight)
- Multiple stage parts washers
VpCI-416 can be applied with any of several convenient methods including sprayers, dipping tanks, steam cleaners and power washers.
Heavy-duty Cleaning and Corrosion Protection: 1 part VpCI-416 to 5-10 parts water
Normal Cleaning (i.e. parts washing): 1 part VpCI-416 to 10-40 parts water
Light Cleaning (i.e. rinsing): 1 part VpCI-416 to 40-150 parts water
Appearance: Slightly hazy yellow liquid
Exposure Time: 20 seconds to 5 minutes
pH: 11.5 - 12.5 (Neat)
Density: 8.6 - 8.7 lb/gal (1.03 - 1.04 kg/l)
Temperature Range: 50 -300 degrees F (10 degrees - 149 degrees C)
Non-volatile Content: 18-23%
Available in 5 gallon steel pails (Cortec Product Code 11600355) or 55 gallon metal drums (Cortec Product Code 11600356). 5 gallon drum weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product.