VpCI-423 is a rust remover that is harmless to people while effectively removing rust and tarnish from steel, iron, copper, brass, chrome, and aluminum. VpCI-423 removes corrosion from metal without creating waste disposal difficulties.
When used as recommended, VpCI-423 will not harm human skin or adversely affect most paints, plastics, wood, textiles, ceramics, or rubber. Remov-ing corrosion from metal is easy. Apply VpCI-423 and rinse with water then use Cortec® VpCI-414 or VpCI-419 for added protection.
VpCI-423 is completely organic and 100% bio-degradable, and does not have special disposal requirements for typical use. Waste treatment may be required if a sufficient quantity of pollutants (oil, solvents, dirt, grease) are introduced into the chemi-cal solution.
Unlike conventional rust removers which can be ex-tremely dangerous to use, handle, and store; VpCI- 423 is so mild that minimal protective covering is needed. In addition, the non-toxic, non-flammable formulation has no pungent acid fumes. Being nearly odorless and extremely mild makes VpCI-423 easy to use.
VpCI-423 is formulated to stay in place for special applications that require the chemical to cling to ver-tical surfaces or the underside of horizontal surfaces. VpCI-423 makes it easy to remove rust from tanks, vessels, outdoor machinery and equipment, walls, fences, railings, and vehicles.
VpCI-423 has been certified certified as a USDA certified biobased product and has been awarded USDA BioPreferred designation. (www.biopreferred.gov)
- USDA certified biobased product
- Contains 91% biobased content
- Prevents flash rusting
- Completely organic and biodegradable
- Non-polluting and environmentally acceptable for easy disposal
- Loosens rust-frozen parts
- Cleans rust stains from painted, wooden, and other surfaces
- Safe to handle, use, and store
- No adverse effects on most paints, plastics, wood, textiles, ceramics, and rubbers
- Safe, non-toxic, non-flammable formulation and mild odor makes it ideal for in-plant use
- Gel form allows application on vertical or upside-down horizontal structures
- Accepted by USDA for use as an acid cleaner in food plants (indirect contact with food)
- NSN 6850-01-482-4536
- In-process rust removal for parts and metal stock
- Interior and exterior surfaces of tanks and vessels
- Outdoor machinery and equipment
- Trucks, cars and other vehicles
- Automotive, marine and farm parts and equipment
- Fences, railings, and walls
- Tools, locks, and rust-frozen parts
VpCI-423 can be applied using spray equipment, including air and airless spray, as well as by brush dip.
For spray, brush, or roll-on applications; remove loose rust. Then apply VpCI-423 concentrate to the surface, let product stand for 10-15 minutes and rinse with Cortec® VpCI-410 series (typically, little or no rubbing is required). Reapply if necessary. Medium and heavy rust will take somewhat longer.
For dip application; remove heavy deposits, loose rust, or tarnish. Soak part(s) in tank as long as required to remove corrosion. Remove from tank and rinse with Cortec® VpCI-410 series (VpCI-414/416) for added protection.
Increasing temperature up to 110ºF (43ºC) will speed the cleaning process.
Appearance: Dark brown gel
Non-volatile Content: 40-50%
Density: 9.6-10.0 lb/gal (1.16-1.19 kg/l)
PACKAGING AND STORAGE:
VpCI-423 is available in 5 gallon (19 liter) pails. Store in a heated warehouse to avoid freezing.