VpCI 429 Surface Prep
VpCI-429 is a very effective rust remover and cleaner for
different metals. The chemistry of this product is based on
the chelating abilities of its ingredients.
VpCI-429 not only completely cleans rusted surfaces, but
also prevents further rusting during the cleaning process.
After cleaning there is no need for neutralization or additional rust preventative materials.
VpCI-429 is very environmentally and user friendly, has a
neutral pH, is made out of biodegradable and renewable
materials, is non-irritative and not harmful.
Metal surfaces treated with VpCI-429 can be painted
without any problems, eliminating the step of additional
preparation. In most cases VpCI-429 acts as an adhesion
promoter for coatings.
- Effectively removes rust and cleans the surface.
- Neutral pH and non-irritative.
- Provides protection to cleaned surfaces up to 4 weeks.
- Promotes adhesion of paint to cleaned surfaces.
- Made with biodegradable materials.
- Doesn’t contain EDTA.
- Non-toxic, non-harmful.
- Works as a biocide potentiator (increases efficiency of
VpCI-429 is used in dip applications.
- Step 1: Pour into a container a sufficient amount to
completely cover the rusted metal.
- Step 2: Leave the metal in the solution for 15-30
minutes (light rust) or up to overnight (very
- Step 3: Rinse treated metal with water.
If some rust still remains on the surface,
repeat step 2.
- Step 4: After rinsing, dip the metal into a clean solution
of VpCI-429 and allow to air dry. This will
prevent rust for up to 4-5 weeks.
VpCI-429 is economical and very effective in removing marine and deicing salts from machinery and other equipment. For the best performance in that application use at 0.2-0.7% by weight at ambient temperatures.
- Appearance Clear liquid
- Non-volatile Content 5-6
- Odor Light
- pH 6.5-7.0
- Weight per Gallon 8.4-8.6 lb/gal. (1.01–1.03 kg/l)
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
VpCI-429 is available in 5 gallon (19 liter), 55 gallon 208 liter) drums, totes, and bulk. Store product in a heated warehouse to avoid freezing. Minimum storage temperature: 32°F (0°C). Maximum storage temperature: 120°F (49°C)
Cortec Item #1600111