VpCI-649 BD is a uniqe, concentrated liquid formulation that protects ferrous and non-ferrous metals from corrosive solutions. In addition, this product is designed to provide long-term protection in fresh water, steam and glycol closed loop systems. VpCI-649 BD also includes preservations against biogrowth.
VpCI-649 BD is effective as a replacement for nitrite/chromate-based formulations.
VpCI-649 BD combines contact and volatile corrosion inhibitors along with anti-scalants in a non-toxic formulation that does not contain nitrites, phosphates, chromates or heavy metals. Being environmentally safe, this product helps solve the problem of disposal, particularly for large quantities of water.
Available in the following:
- 5 gallon pail (Cortec Product #13600489) - Shipping Weight: 50 lbs.
- 55 gallon drum (Cortect Product #13600490) - Shipping Weight 500 lbs.
- Effective for a broad range of applications to stop aggressive corrosion in systems containing fresh water, glycol coolants, etc.
- Environmentally friendly and nitrite-free
- Low concentration effectiveness provides economical treatment
- Vapor phase action provides protection to areas that contact inhibitors cannot reach
- Contains an acrylic polymer to prevent scale formation
- Multi-metal protection
- Effective in low dosages
- Does not contain free amines
- Inhibitor for closed loop cooling systems
- Fire extinguishing systems
- Inhibitor for hydrostatic testing of pipelines, casings, tanks and valves
- Inhibitor for packer fluid applications
- Prevents water-bottom corrosion in oil storage tanks
- Alkanolamine sweeteners
- Pulp and paper process equipment
- Mines, mining and earth moving equipment
- Inhibitor for lay-up application of cooling towers
- For operational systems such as closed loop use 2,000-3,000 ppm (0.2%-0.3%)
- For seasonal lay-up application use VpCI-649 BD at a concentration of 0.2-0.5% of inhibitor by volume (wet lay-up method)
- Hydrotesting concentration varies from 0.2-2% by weight depending on application.
The product should be stored in tightly closed containers. Shelf life is 18 months.
Appearance: Clear amber liquid
Density: 9.3-9.8 lb/gal (1.12 - 1.18 kg/l)
Non-volatile Content: 44-48%
pH: 9.3-9.8 (Neat)