Cortec VpCI-705 is specially formulated for use as a multi-functional fuel additive. It serves as a corrosion inhibitor, fuel stabilizer, and water emulsifier for gasoline, diesel, and gasohol mixtures. VpCI-705 provides corrosion protection, lubricity, and elastomer protection. As a fuel stabilizer, this product provides better engine performance.
VpCI-705 provides excellent corrosion protection for all of the common engineering metals used in automotive fuel systems including aluminum, aluminum die cast and zinc die cast alloys, tinplate, copper, ferrous alloys, cast iron, and solder.
VpCI-705 provides corrosion protection in gas/gas condensate transmission lines and collectors even in the presence of aggressive contaminants such as electrolytes, hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide. VpCI-705 provides excellent protection in both continuous and intermittent treatment. This product gives unique multimetal corrosion protection in all phases: liquid, interface, and vapor phases. Furthermore, due to its tenacious film-forming properties,
VpCI-705 even provides corrosion protection to non-metallics; i.e. rubber gaskets, seals and plastics against oxidation, cracking, and aging
- May be used in operation and storage
- Blends with gasoline
- Protects all metals including terneplate, solder, copper, aluminum, steel, and brass
- Protects upper cylinder walls, piston heads, and rings during shutdown
- Good low temperature fluidity and relatively high flash-point permitting ease and safety of application
- Provides protection in liquid and vapor phase and at liquid/air interface
- Passes Rust test in accordance to MIL-PRF-25017G, category 1
- Passes Rust test in accordance to ASTM D 665-92
- Liquid, easy to blend
- Fuel stabilizer allows better engine performance
- Does not contain trace metals, chlorides, chromates, nitrites, or phosphates
- Does not form corrosive combustible products
- Displaces water in contact with tank walls and fuel lines
- Can be fogged into gas tanks
- General Motors corporation Approved Part No.10661800
- EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Identification #1733-0002
In-use gasoline tanks: Add VpCI-705 to gasoline or diesel fuel, fuel blending and storage facilities, or directly to fuel tanks. Dosage: 0.1 - 0.15% per volume of tank to be protected.
Storage and shipment of dry fuel tanks: Fog VpCI-705 concentrate into tank covering as much internal surface area as possible. Dosage: 1.5 oz. per 10 U.S. gallons tank volume (45 ml per 37 liters of tank volume.)
Sales Gas and Gas-Condensate lines: Inject VpCI-705 at the dosage rate of 1/4 to 1/2 pint per million cubic feet of gas.
Treatment of liquid gas tanks: Treatment ranges from 100-200 ppm and depends on liquid gas chemistry and CO2 /H2S content.
Available in the following sizes:
- 5 gallon pail (Cortec Product #12102017) - Shipping Weight: 50 lbs.
- 55 gallon drum (Cortect Product #12102018) - Shipping Weight 500 lbs.