The Cortec VpCI Super Penetrant is available in a convenient 10.6 oz spray can. Sold in cases of 12 only.
Cortec VpCI Super Penetrant offers a deep penetrating formulation that loosens frozen parts locked in rust. Its deep penetrating capabilities allow the user to go through as much as 1/2 inch (13 mm) of rust in 30 minutes.
As the VpCI Super Penetrant breaks through deep rust, it displaces moisture and water. Its superior surface wetting and moisture displacing properties allow it to spread rapidly and get underneath the moisture layer normally present on metal under atmospheric conditions. While loosening the rust, it lubricates metal so frozen parts can move freely. Utilizing patented Cortec VpCI technology, the VpCI Super Penetrant forms an ultra thin film on metal that offers 6 months of protection from corrosion in extreme conditions.
Cortec VpCI Super Penetrant can be used for indoor and outdoor applications. Its superior water displacing characteristics make it an ideal choice for applications of equipment and components that are exposed to outside weather. It also conforms to Federal Specifications fo VV-P-216 Penetrating Oil for Loosening Frozen Metallic Parts and ASTM D-971 Test for Interfacial Tension of Oil against water.
- Provides universal corrosion protection for ferrous metals, galvanized steel, aluminum, brass, copper, babbitt, zinc, cadmium and silver.
- Loosens frozen and rusted metal parts, making them easy to remove.
- Temporary storage - spray a light coating on flat metal before or after metalworking
- Small or complex metal parts - spray on or dip in
- General surface treatment - spray, dip or brush surfaces to be protected for up to 24 months
- Home repairs of squeaky items
Appearance: Clear yellow liquid
Film Type: Oily
Flash Point: 170 degrees Fahrenheit (77 degrees Celsius)
Removal Methods: Alkaline cleaners and solvents
Density: 6.8 to 7.0 lb/gallon
Non-volatile Content: 30-40%
The product should be stored sealed. Agitate before each use. Shelf life is up to 24 months.