Cortec Eco Film bags are 100% biodegradable and compostable. These 65 gallon yard bags measure 23" x 17" x 54". They are designed to replace nondegradable as well as starch and polyethylene-based films. Unlike standard starch-based technology, Eco Film is heat and water stable and does not disintegrate or break apart while in use. Once discarded in soil or compost, Eco Film bags will decompose 100% into carbon dioxide and water within weeks. Eco Film will not devalue or contaminate compost, unlike polyethylene blends. 50 bags per case.
- Environmentally friendly
- 100% biodegradable
- Shelf stable, heat stable, moisture stable
- Degrades in compost and soil
- Extremely elastic
- Superior physical/mechanical properties
- Excellent barrier properties
- Does NOT contain polyethylene
- Starch and filler free, ensuring strength and durability
- Certified commercially compostable per ASTM D 6400 and can carry the Din Certco/IBAW and BPI/USCC marks of conformity
- Stronger than non-degradable polyethylene, as much as 300% stronger
- Made by Cortec Corporation in Cambridge, MN
For shipping and storage applications, Eco Film is a great alternative to conventional polyethylene films. Eco Film has a shelf life of up to two years when sealed in original packaging. Once removed and put to use, Eco Film will remain effective with regard to mechanical strength until film is placed in contact with material containing microorganisms, such as certain types of waste, soil and compost. Under these conditions, 100% disintegration will occur within a few weeks with now residual contamination of the soil.
Shipping Weight 12 lbs.
Cortec Product Code: 21208195.