MilCorr VpCI Shrink Film is a heavy duty film featuring Cortec multimetal Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCI). MilCorr VpCI Shrink Film provides a top-notch universal protection system with high ultraviolet (UV) light protection to maintain the integrity of the film itself as well as the parts packaged within.
MilCorr VpCI Shrink Film can replace conventional rust preventatives such as oils and desiccants. Parts protected with MilCorr are ready to use with no additional cleaning and/or degreasing necessary, saving you time and money.
Metal parts packaged in MilCorr receive continuous protection against salt air and humid environments, moisture, aggressive industrial atmospheres and dissimilar metal corrosion. The VpCIs vaporize and condense on all metal surfaces within the enclosed space, and diffuse to every area of your part; protecting its exterior as well as void spaces and recessed areas. You get complete product storage protection as well as during domestic and overseas shipments, virtually eliminating any rust claims.
- Provides UV protection for outdoor storage
- Multimetal corrosion inhibition providing contact, barrier, and vapor-phase protection
- Superior mechanical properties
- Will shrink using a wide variety of shrink tools including electric and propane heat guns
- Provides a unitized, tight and tamper-proof load
- Extra protection for outdoor storage and export shipments
- Effective in severe outdoor climates
- Immediate use of protected object upon removal
- Recyclable and non-toxic
For metals no specifically listed above, please contast us
regarding their protection.
1. Measure unit and determine amount of film needed, allowing at least 12" overlap at all seams.
2. Lay out film in desired preparation area, making sure it is dry and clean.
3. Place vehicle or equipment on film.
4. Pad off any sharp edges and corners.
5. Wrap or shroud equipment with film.
6. Use shrink tape to attach loose ends onto film/equipment.
7. Carefully apply heat and shrink film to desired fit.
(Typical shrink temperature range: 340-440 degrees F (171-227 degrees C), Typical sealing temperature: 240-320 degrees F (116-160 degrees C)
- Military vehicles and equipment preservation
- Mothball preservation of industrial equipment
- Export packaging of expensive larger equipment
- Heavy equipment covers
- Recreational vehicle (boats, snowmobiles, etc.) preservation
- Pallet shrouds
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
MilCorr VpCI Shrink Film is available in 20' x 210' x 0.010" sheeting. Film should be stored at ambient conditions, sealed in original packaging. Under these conditions, shelf life is up to 24 months.
Shipping Weight: 211 pounds.
Quantity Discounts Available for Large Orders. Please call us more information at 1-877-256-9301.