The Nuts and Bolts of Rust Removal
Removing rust from a classic vehicle can be a lengthy process, but is important for the long term beauty of your vehicle. However, within this whole process sometimes we miss the details. Removing rust from nuts, bolts, and other small parts isn't as obvious as rust on the body but these details can really make your classic vehicle stand out.
There is good news. Unlike removing rust from body panels, removing rust from these small parts is very easy if you use the right product. Removing rust from small parts is as simple as dropping them in Evapo-Rust. There are no acids or abrasives involved so you don't have to worry about damaging your parts.
Below we have included some step-by-step instructions on how to remove rust from your small parts using Evapo-Rust
- Remove your parts from your vehicle and mark the parts if necessary.
- Clean dirt and grease from parts (not necessary but improves the speed of rust removal).
- Soak parts in Evapo-Rust.
- Remove clean parts from Evapo-Rust.
- Rinse with water to remove loose surface rust.
- Optional Step: Dip in small quantity of Evapo-Rust to provide short term rust protection.
- Replace newly cleaned parts.
1 Gallon – 5 Gallon
Questions on removing rust from nuts and bolts?
Call a Product Specialist
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Email a Product Specialist