Industrial Strength Rust Inhibitive Coating
- Easy to apply and maintain
- Protects metal, concrete, wood, fiberglass and many other substrates
- Metallic gray in color
- Apply over clean or rusty metal
- Long-term protection with superior adhesion
- Scratch, chip and chemical resistant
Rust Bullet is a one-step corrosion control solution for protecting rusty and clean metal without the need for special surface prep. It is an easy-to-use, low-maintenance rust-inhibitive coating that will provide effective, long-lasting rust/corrosion prevention. Rust Bullet is designed to protect both rusted and clean metal. It is always advantageous to protect metal, even when there are no visible signs of corrosion. If Rust Bullet is applied only in the rusted areas, it will stop the rust on that surface area, but the uncoated area will be left unprotected. Remember, if it’s made of iron or steel, it will rust and corrode if left unprotected.
When Rust Bullet is applied on corroded metal, it does not form a film immediately; first it penetrates to the original metal surface and then combines the rust and coating. If the finished surface becomes chipped, rust will not spread and a simple touch up will reseal the chip, providing fast, easy, low-cost maintenance.
Rust Bullet requires basic surface preparation and no topcoat is necessary. Rust Bullet can be re-coated or top-coated between 4-6 hours after the previous coat has been applied with no additional preparation. If a finished color other than metallic gray is desired, Rust Bullet is compatible with most conventional top coat paints. Of course, Rust Bullet BlackShell or Clear Shot are formulated specifically to be superior top coats. Rust Bullet contains no zinc, no chromates, no acids, no heavy metals, and complies with Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) limits regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Use the Rust Bullet Standard Formula for your metal surfaces including marine, home and farm, industrial and commercial applications.
For best results 2 - 3 coats of the Standard Formula are recommended, not including any Color Shell or Clear Shot top coats. Please read and follow all instructions before applying the product.
Rust Bullet Standard Formula is metallic gray in color. Rust Bullet Standard Formula may brushed, rolled or sprayed over clean or rusted metal. Minimum two coat application required.
Available in the following Sizes:
- 5-Gallon – Covers approximately 2000 square feet (Shipping Weight 50 lbs.)
- Gallon – Covers approximately 400 square feet (Shipping Weight 10 lbs.)
- Quart – Covers approximately 100 square feet (Shipping Weight 2.50 lbs.)
- Pint – Covers approximately 50 square feet (Shipping Weight 1.5 lbs.)
- 1/4 Pint – Covers approximately 12 square feet (Shipping Weight 0.5 lbs.)
Have more questions about Rust Bullet Paints? See our Rust Bullet FAQ's and Other Rust Bullet Articles.