Powered by Nano-VpCI, Patented US #8,800,224
EcoPouch contains VpCI-609 powder for corrosion protection of ferrous metals and aluminum. The pouches are constructed from breathable Tyvek®, which allows the VpCI molecules to be emitted through the membrane, and form a molecular layer on metal surfaces providing corrosion protection.
EcoPouch is easy to use: there are no chemical concentrations to calculate and no need for special equipment for application; just determine the number of pouches required per unit space. EcoPouch provides a clean method for corrosion protection.
EcoPouch is available as individually cut pouches, and each pouch protects up to 35 cubic feet.
- Creates inhibiting layer on metal surface
- Provides continuous long term protection for various applications
- Does not contain nitrites, phosphates, or heavy metals
- Vapor-phase inhibiting action protects inaccessible and recessed surfaces
- Protected products can be shipped directly to customers; no need to remove protective VpCI film after arrival, just remove pouch
- If the VpCI layer is disturbed by moisture or the opening of an enclosed space, the layer is replenished by continuous vapor redeposition
- Little or not surface preparation is required
- Prevents future corrosion of precoated and painted surfaces
- Clean and easy to use
- Tubular structures, pipes and vessels
- Internal surfaces of compressors, turbines, engines, tanks, boilers, heat exchangers
- Steam condensate lines, closed circuit heating and cooling systems
- Corrosion protection of equipment after hydrostatic testing
- Parts, components, and completed assemblies during shipping and storage
- Voids, cavities and tanks
- Double bottom storage tank floors
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Mild steel
- Other ferrous metals
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Determine the number of pouches required based upon the volume of space needing protection. Each pouch protectes up to 1 cubic meter (35 cubic feet). Evenly distribute pouches throughout the space and close or seal.
Do not use on copper, copper-based alloys, and other soft yellow metals. Compatibility with non-metallics should be evaluated.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE:
EcoPouches are available as 50 units per carton. Do not store in conditions about 150 degrees F (65 degrees C). Close cartons between uses. The shelf life of unopened cartons of EcoPouches is up to 24 months.
Form: Tyvek® breathable pouch
Appearance: White with green printing
Dimensions: Each pouch is 6" W x 10" L x 0.5" H (15.3cm x 25.4 cm x 1.3 cm)
TOXICOLOGICAL TESTING RESULTS of VpCI-609 (Performed by Nortech A.S. (Norway))*
- Biodegradability: 100% biodegradable in marine environment, rapidly degradable substance (OECD** 306, BOD 28 Marine test)
- Toxicity: Very low (Algae test EC-50=240 mg/L
- Bioaccumulation potential: none (OECD Guideline 117)
*Testing performed in accordance with Oslo-Paris commission protocol
**Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development
Shipping Weight 40 lbs.
Cortec Product Code: 13900306.