M-530 is an oil-based package of corrosion inhibitors for hydraulic or lubricating oils. M-530 is a rust preventative product, which provides excellent protection during operating conditions and intermittent operations.
M-530 is very effective for mineral and synthetic oils: naphthenic, iso-paraffinic, PAOs, among others.
- Corrosion protection to ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Does not contain hazardous barium, chromate, nitrite, or phosphate inhibitors
- High flash point
- Low in toxicity and thermally stable, providing long-lasting corrosion inhibition
- Passes through a 1 micron filter
- Can be used in hydraulic applications
- Provides protection in the presence of chlorides
- When added at recommended concentration to hydraulic fluids, does not affect emulsification, pour point, or viscosity at low temperatures
- Compatible with most mineral and synthetic oils
- Suitable for both operating and intermittent use conditions
For hydraulic and lubricating oil systems in intermittent operations, add M-530 to oil at a concentration of 2-5% weight.
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Galvanized steel
Appearance: Amber Liquid
Non-volatile Content: 85-100%
Density: 7.5-7.7 lb/gal (0.90-0.92 kg/l)
pH: 6-8 (1% in water)
ASTM D974 TBN: 18.22 mg of KOH/g
Viscosity at 70°F: 500 cPs
Pour Point: -18°F (-28°C)
When added at concentration level 2-5% by weight to Hydraulic or Gear oil
|ASTM D 1748
Corrosion Protection in Humidity Cabinet
|ASTM D 1401
Water Separability of Petroleum and
|• Does not cause emulsification
• Does not affect oil water separability
Packaging and Storage
Available in 5 gallon plastic pails (Cortec Product # 14503512) or 55 gallon metal drums (Cortec Product # 14503513). 5 gallon drum weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product. M-530 should be sealed before storage. The shelf life is up to 24 months.
Quantity Discounts Available for Large Orders. Please call for more information.