VpCI-150 foam tape rolls are 12' long x 3/4" wide x 1/4" thick and can be cut to fit your needs. Designed to protect metal in enclosed spaces from corrosion, the tape is effective in control boxes or cabinets to protect sensitive electronic components. It offers low maintenance protection during operation, shipping or storage. Not only do these unique tapes provide Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitor protection, but they also provide antistatic protection.
Cortec VpCI products prevent corrosion through their unique VpCI action. VpCIs, or vapor corrosion inhibitors adsorb on to metal surfaces, creating a molecular layer of protection. VpCI-150 foam tape
is effective against a variety of corrosive agents, including salt, airborne contaminants, H2S, SO2, NH3 and others.
VpCI-150 foam tape protects up to 0.4 cubic feet (11.3 liter) per linear inch (2.5 cm). Each carton contains 6 rolls packaged in resealable poly bags.
- Operating, packaged and stored electrical
- Marine navigation and communication equipment
- Electrical and electronic enclosures
- Electric motors, AC and DC
- Switching equipment, low and high voltage
- Fuse boxes and power boxes
- Medical equipment
- Electrical RF and electronic wireways and terminal
- Scientific and measuring instruments
- Telecommunications equipment
- Remote electronic devices
- All conductive leads, connectors and terminals
- Economical to use
- Provide continuous protection for up to 24 months
- Effective in polluted and humid environments
- Do not interfere with electrical, electronic, optical or
mechanical surface properties
- Multimetal protection
- Quick and easy installation
- Protect during operation and shutdown
- Non-toxic and safe to handle
- Free of nitrites, silicones and phosphates
- Compact, space-saving, unobtrusive tapes
- FDA and USDA approved for indirect use on food
processing and packaging equipment
- NATO #8030-00-244-1299
- NSN #8030-01-208-1769
- No spraying, wiping or dipping required
- Low VOC values
- Meets Southern California Clean Air Act and other
National and local regulations
- Electro-static dissipative
- Ability to wick away moisture
- Meets MIL-B-81705C for static dissipative materials
- Conforms to VIA Test per MIL-B-22110
METHOD OF APPLICATION
VpCI-150 is extremely simple and convenient to install. Simply select a space within any enclosed device where corrosion protection would be
useful. Verify the surface to which the tape will be affixed is clean and free of debris. Peel off the protective peel strip from the bottom of the tape and attach it to the clean surface. VpCI-150 tape can be installed in any position. If the enclosure is not totally airtight, or if the access doors are opened frequently, replace the
VpCI-150 tape more often than every 2 years. After periods of heavy maintenance replace the tape. Additionally, spray the enclosure very lightly with ElectriCorr VpCI-238 or VpCI-239.
Shipping Weight 1.25 lbs.
Cortec Product Code: 15000013.