VpCI-322 oil-based concentrate adds corrosion protection to lubricating or hydraulic oils. VpCI-322 provides excellent protection in indoor or open air conditions. First, oil-soluble corrosion inhibitors offer a tenacious film which clings to metal surfaces, giving excellent contact corrosion protection. In addition to this film barrier, VpCI-322 releases vapor phase corrosion inhibitors into the air above the oil. These VpCIs attach to metal surfaces for additional corrosion protection.
- Corrosion protection to ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Does not contain hazardous barium, chromates, nitrites, or phosphate inhibitors
- High flash point
- Low in toxicity and thermally stable, providing long-lasting contact and vapor phase corrosion inhibitors
- Passes through a size 5 micron filter
- Can be used in hydraulic applications
- Provides protection in presence of chlorides
- When added at a concentration level of 5-10% to hydraulic fluids, does not affect pour point and viscosity at low temperatures
- Compatible with most mineral and synthetic oils
- Suitable for both operating and intermittent use conditions
Lubricating and hydraulic oil systems for intermittent operation:
Add VpCI-322 to oil at a ratio of 1 part VpCI-322 to 9 parts oil for 24 months protection.
Tanks, gearboxes, differentials - stored or shipped dry: Fog cavity interior with VpCI-322 concentrate using 1 quart (1 liter) per 35 ft³ (1.1 m³) of enclosed space.
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanized Steel
Appearance: Dark amber viscous liquid
Corrosion Resistance: Up to 24 months
Coverage: 1260-1370 ft²/gal (31-34 m²/l)
Film Thickness: 0.5-1 mil (12.5-25 microns)
Film Type: Oily, paraffinic
Flash Point: >212ºF (>100ºC)
Non-volatile Content: 90-99.5%
Removal Method: Petroleum solvents, Alkaline cleaners (VpCI-410 series)
pH: 8.5-10.0 (1% aqueous solution)
Density: 7.4-7.6 lb/gal (0.89-0.91 kg/l)
Viscosity at 70ºF: 225
Pour Point: -13ºF (-25ºC)
Packaging and Storage
Available in 5 gallon pails (Cortec Product # 12100597) or 55 gallon metal drums (Cortec Product # 12100598). 5 gallon drum weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product. The product should be sealed before storage. VpCI-322 has a shelf life of up to 24 months.
Quantity Discounts Available for Large Orders. Please call for more information.