VpCI-326 is a corrosion inhibitor oil additive for hydraulic oil and gearbox assemblies. VpCI-326 performs effectively under the adverse conditions of 100% relative humidity, and in the presence of such corrosive species as chlorides, sulfur compounds, or hydrogen sulfide. VpCI-326 contains no hazardous chromates, nitrites, or phosphate inhibitors.
VpCI-326 utilizes the finest paraffinic petroleum distillates as carriers. VpCI-326 possesses an exceedingly high flash point, enhancing in-plant safety when compared to common oil protectants.
VpCI-326 is supplied in concentrate form, which is easily diluted with lubricating, hydraulic, or preservative oils; saving shipping and inventory expense.
VpCI-326 is a broad range corrosion inhibitor not only effective on ferrous metals, but also effective on zinc, aluminum, galvanized steel, copper, cadmium, silver, brass, and many other alloys.
- VpCI-326 provides universal corrosion protection to ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- VpCI-326 is nitrite-free, non-toxic, and thermally stable, providing long-lasting contact and vapor phase corrosion protection
- With VpCI-326, most lubricants can be upgraded in their anti-corrosion ability providing continuous corrosion protection during operation, standby, and shutdown periods
- Passes through 1 micron filter
- Conforms to MIL-PRF-46002C
- Conforms to MIL-I-85062 (Additives to oils)
- Conforms to MIL PRF-16173E
- NATO 6850-66-132-6100
- NSN 6850-01-470-3358
Fog interiors with VpCI-326 concentrate at 1 liter/m3 (1 oz/ft3) of enclosed space.
VpCI-326 is not recommended for applications involving direct contact with water. Contact Cortec for application questions.
Appearance: Clear to slightly hazy yellow liquid
Corrosion Resistance: Up to 24 months
Coverage: 960-1456 ft2/gal (24-36 m2/l)
Film Type: Oily, paraffinic
Film Thickness: 0.5-1 mil (12.5-25 microns)
Flash Point: >230ºF (>110ºC)
Non-volatile Content: 83-93%
pH: 8.7-10.0 (1% solution)
Removal Method Petro-solvents/alkaline cleaners (VpCI-414/416/419)
Density 7.2-7.4 lb/gal (0.86-0.89 kg/l)
Packaging and Storage
Available in 5 gallon pails (Cortec Product # 12100269) or 55 gallon metal drums (Cortec Product # 12100270). 5 gallon drum weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product.
Quantity Discounts Available for Large Orders. Please call for more information.