VpCI-329 Superconcentrate (SC) is a vapor corrosion inhibiting oil-based concentrate for lubricating and preservative oils. VpCI-329 SC protects in two unique ways. First, oil-soluble corrosion inhibitors offer a tenacious film which clings to metal surfaces, providing excellent contact corrosion protection. In addition to this film barrier, VpCI-329 SC releases vapor phase corrosion inhibitors into the air that attach electrochemically to the metal surface.
- Saves shipping and inventory expenses
- Treated oils perform effectively even under the adverse conditions of 100% relative humidity and in the presence of such corrosive species as chlorides, sulfur compounds, or hydrogen sulfide
- Contains no hazardous chromates, nitrites, or phosphate inhibitors
- Easily diluted with lubricating and preservative oils
- Provides universal corrosion protection to ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Non-toxic and thermally stable, providing long-lasting corrosion and vapor phase corrosion protection
- Oils treated with VpCI-329 SC can conform to MIL-P-46002 and MIL-C-16173D (Grade 3)
Method of Application
Dilute VpCI-329 SC with naphthenic mineral oil, viscosity 95-115 SUS (40°C).
Short-term protection (up to 6 months): One part VpCI-329 SC to 20 parts oil.
Medium-term protection (up to 24 months): One part VpCI-329 SC to 10 parts oil.
Long-term protection (up to 48 months): One part VpCI-329 SC to 4 parts oil.
Appearance: Tan to brown viscous liquid
Non-volatile Content: 86-91%
pH: 10-11 (1% aqueous)
Removal Method: Petroleum solvents/alkaline cleaners (Cortec® VpCI-414/419)
Density: 7.8-8.0 lb/gal (0.93-0.96 kg/l)
Packaging and Storage
Available in 5 gallon plastic pails (Cortec Product # 12100467) or 55 gallon metal drums (Cortec Product # 12100468). 5 gallon drum weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product. The product should be stored sealed. The shelf life of VpCI-329 SC is up to 24 months in sealed drums.
Note: VpCI-329 SC may solidify. Heat to 95°F (35°C) to liquefy.
Quantity Discounts Available for Large Orders. Please call for more information.