Cortec VpCI-391 is a water-borne, temporary coating that is intended for medium to long-term indoor and outdoor protection. Once dried, VpCI-391 builds a non-tacky transparent film on the metal surface that provides excellent salt, humidity, and UV resistance.
- Fast drying, non-flammable
- Clear coating allows visual inspection of metal substrate
- Provides excellent corrosion protection
- Can be removed using an alkaline cleaner such as VpCI-414
- Environmentally friendly and safe to apply
- Cost-effective - protects at very low Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
- Works in SO2 and HCL environments
- Available in different colors (Contact us for more information.)
- Carbon steel
- Cast iron
- Stainless steel
- Galvanized steel
APPLICATION:VpCI-391 is recommended for metal surfaces as a protective coating when a non-tacky surface is required and when optimal removability is beneficial. VpCI-391 can be applied by spraying, rolling, brushing, or dipping.
Appearance: Milky off-white liquid
Non-volatile Content: 34-45%
pH: 8.9 - 9.5 (Neat)
Density: 8.1-8.5 lb./gal. (0.97 - 1.02 kg/l)
Viscosity: 3,500 - 10,000 cps
Theoretical Spread Rate (1-3 mils): 218-545 sg ft/gal (5.4 - 13.6 square meters/liter)
VOC (regulatory): 1.0 - 1.1 lbs./gal. (119.8 -131.8 g/l)
VOC (actual): 0.4 - 0.5 lbs./gal. (47.9 - 60 g/l)
Temperature Resistance (Fully Cured): -150 to 275 degrees F (-78 to 130 degrees C)
Dry Film Thickness: 1.0 - 3.0 mils (25 - 75 microns)
Wet Film Thickness: 2.5 - 7.5 mils (62.5 - 187.5 microns)
Note: Coating dry time is affected by temperature, air-flow and humidity.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE:
Available in 5 gallon pails (Cortec Product Code 12302540) or 55 gallon drums (Cortec Product Code 12302539). 5 gallon pail weighs 50 pounds and ships under our standard shipping rates. The 55 gallon drum must be shipped by truck. We will provide you with a freight quote before we ship this product. Do not allow product to freeze.