VpCI-418 L is a non-foaming, heavy-duty alkaline cleaner/degreaser for cleaning industrial, oil field, commercial and marine equipment. Cortec VpCI 418L is designed for power washing machinery, high agitation parts washers, and high-pressure spray washers. (A silicate-free version, VpCI-418 LM is also available.)
VpCI-418 L is non-flammable, nitrite-free, non-toxic and does not present disposal problems associated with most phosphate cleaners. VpCI-418 L contains inhibitors to protect metal parts from corrosion after cleaning. It has a unique ability to remove difficult deposits such as heavy hydrocarbons, greases, drawing and buffing compounds, and mill and machinery oils. Available in 5 (Cortec Product Code: 11603077) or 55 gallon drums (Cortec Product Code: 11603078).
- Heavy-duty alkaline cleaner and degreaser with unique cleaning action for removing hydrocarbon deposits
- Nitrite- and amine-free
- Contains an inhibitor package for multimetal protection
- Requires mechanical action to be effective
- Leaves no residual film and will not affect paint adhesion qualities
- Prevents flash rust
- Safe to use on glass and most plastics
- Machinery, engine blocks, or forgings coated with grease or oil deposits
- Plate, sheet metal and metal castings covered with oily films prior to painting or pickling
- Metal parts contaminated with stamping, drawing or buffing compounds
- Pressure washing
APPLCATION: VpCI-418L can be applied using power washers and sprayers. Mix VpCI-418 L into water until fully dissolved. Take pH and refractometer measurements to establish benchmark readings. VpCI-418L is recommended for use in temperatures ranging from 95 - 160 degrees F (35-71 degrees C).
Light Cleaning: Use 3-5% (by weight) VpCI-418 L in water.
Normal Cleaning: For machinery, rail cars, offshore equipment and tanks contaminated with medium deposits, use 5-7% (by weight) VpCI-418L in water.
Heavy-duty Cleaning: For drilling mud, crude, bilges, concrete surfaces and structures, use 7-10% (by weight) VpCI-418 L in water.
Steam Cleaning: Use 3-5% (by weight) VpCI-418 L in water.
Appearance: Slight hazy yellow liquid
pH: 11-12 (1% aqueous)
Non-volatile Content: 8-11%
Density: 8.9 - 9.0 lb./gal. (1.07 - 1.08 kg/l)